New My Cloud OS 3 Puts Control of Content into the Hands of Consumers with
Greater Photo Sharing, Backup and Synchronization
My Cloud OS 3
The worldwide leader in Storage Solutions once again introduced significant enhancement to WD’s family of MyCloud®, a personal storage devices, including a new, redesigned My Cloud OS 3 operating system, Software Developer Kit (SDK) enabling enhanced app integration and a dual-drive My Cloud Mirror personal cloud storage offering increased memory and faster processing performance than previous generations.
The new designed of WD My Cloud’s have the following features:
- An intuitive user interface delivering a rich content-sharing experience
- Back-up and sync capabilities
- Photo and video capabilities and view gallery
- Global access to MyCloud via web interface
- Enable File collaboration, comprehensive access management
- Elevate the personal cloud NAS offering while retaining the privacy and control unique to personal cloud devices physically located in the home or office.
“We know our personal cloud customers place the highest value on their personal content and enjoy the peace of mind from backing up PCs, smart phones and tablets to and centralizing content on their My Cloud systems,” said Jim Welsh, executive vice president and general manager of Content Solutions business at WD.
He also aded that, “They tell us they are confident in the privacy, control and anywhere access we provide them with the My Cloud OS. Now, with My Cloud OS 3, we’ve made users’ management of their digital lives easier than ever before”
My Cloud OS 3’s new WD Sync™
- It feature syncs data across multiple PCs and notebooks – ensuring that important files are up to date and available to users from almost any device.
- It also allows users to set up automatic camera-roll backup of photos from smartphones and tablets and offers a new transfer tool that enables users to easily and quickly move their files to My Cloud devices.
- Also includes Chromebook and Chromecast support – enabled by default.
For developers out there, WD, My Cloud OS 3 also launch My Cloud Device SDK and My Cloud API
- It give developers to build new extensions, features and capabilities within the My Cloud ecosystem of personal cloud storage devices.
- The My Cloud Device SDK, based on the Docker™ open platform technology, ensures developers can easily access and collaborate to create customized experiences.
- Partners already developing extensions and new features based on the new SDK include Plex andMilestone.
My Cloud Mirror
In addition to new software upgrades, WD also offers the RAID 1 configuration for two hard drives. It has the feature of Mirror Mode which ensures the content stored in 1 hard drive automatically duplicate to the a second drive. It also means that if the first hard drive failed, you already have the backup because of the My Cloud Mirror Mode feature. It also improved processor and 512 MB RAM for faster file transfers and application support.
Pricing and Availability
WD My Cloud OS 3 is already available as free download on current My Cloud personal cloud storage devices.
My Cloud devices supporting the new OS 3 include:
- My Cloud
- My Cloud Mirror
- My Cloud Expert Series EX2/EX4
- My Cloud Expert Series EX2100/EX4100
- My Cloud Business Series DL2100/DL4100
Customers can also download the new WD My Cloud mobile apps, which are now available on the iTunes and Google Play stores. All WD My Cloud devices are available today at select retailers and distributors. Access to My Cloud Device SDK and My Cloud API will be available to interested developers late October.
For pricing, My Cloud Mirror Manufactured Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of
4 TB Php 15,990
6 TB Php 20,990
8 TB Php 25,990